The DoD (Department of Defense) has scheduled the release of the updated CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Module Certification) regulation and the start of formal CMMC certification requirements in DoD contracts for 2023. Any manufacturer engaged in DoD contracts or seeking to obtain DoD contracts must comply with these regulations. In order to assist Delaware manufactures to become aware of the regulations and new changes to the regulation, DEMEP is co- sponsoring a series of webinars designed to familiarize manufacturers with the CMMC regulations. These sessions will provide you timely information how CMMC will impact your businesses and how you can prepare.
Below is a full description of each webinar and a link for registration.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training (November 1,2,15 & 16 and December 6, 8 & 14, 2023)
- CMMC Assessments – What to Expect (November 16, 2023)
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
7 Contact Days:
November 1,2,15 & 16 and December 6, 8 & 14, 2023
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Cost $2,250
All classes will be held at the Delaware Technical Community College – Stanton Campus.
This seven-day workshop prepares participants to guide a team through the process of identifying and solving a problem as well as implementing and sustaining the solution. The project strategy is built around the five phases of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and introduces key lean six sigma tools as the project unfolds. This is a team-based approach designed to ensure that problems are clearly defined, root causes are identified and solutions are permanently installed.
- Understand the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma process improvement
- Apply the basic D – M – A – I – C improvement methodology
- Learn to identify and reduce waste and defects in daily work
- Recognize how to choose and apply the most frequently used tools
- Develop and progress a personal improvement project during the course
- Acquire project leadership and change management skills for improved team and stakeholder management
At the end of the training, each trainee or team of trainees will present the progress they have made on their project and review plans to complete the remaining steps. The trainees and instructors will discuss each project to broaden the experience of the class and strengthen the probability of the project’s success.
Who should attend?
- Those interested in learning a pragmatic approach to improving work processes and outcomes
- Individuals or teams that are involved in making improvements as part of their daily work
- Individuals who would like to improve their knowledge and understanding of basic improvement tools
- No statistical knowledge is required prior to attending the course
CMMC Assessments – What to Expect
November 16, 2023
Time: 2-3PM EST
To become CMMC Level 2 certified, you’ll need to pass a CMMC assessment by a 3rd-party assessment company called a C3PAO. CMMC assessments are highly detailed and require demonstrable evidence that you meet each of the NIST SP 800-171 controls. In order to be certified, all 320 control objectives must be met. In this session we’ll be pulling back the curtain on a CMMC assessment. We’ll be uncovering important details such as:
- How is a CMMC assessment conducted and who will need to participate?
- What objective evidence will the assessor look for?
- How long will a CMMC assessment take and what will it cost?
- How should you choose your C3PAO to conduct the assessment?
- Who will make up the CMMC assessment team?
Join us as we peek into the details of a CMMC assessment to help you be well prepared.